The Henry Jackson Society offers a variety of internships aimed at politically-minded, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals. Our internships offer a valuable immersion into the world of international relations and are designed to foster career development.
Internship programmes are available mainly within the Society’s research centres, and within our Communications and Events departments. General internships are also available for the right candidates.
All interns are also expected to help with events.
Please note that during the Covid-19 Pandemic, internships will be conducted remotely.
Applications for Autumn internships, which can take place between August and December, are open now.
Please send the below to email@example.com
- Your CV
- A one page covering letter including a brief description of why you want to undertake an internship at the Henry Jackson Society
- An original writing sample (maximum 1,000 words)
- Your anticipated start and end dates
- How many days per week you would wish to intern and which days if this is known
- Which research centre you are applying for, or if you are applying for an Events, Communications or General Internship
Applicants will only be contacted in the event of being called for an interview and if all the above information has been provided
If applying from abroad, applicants should ensure that they have met any necessary visa requirements for the UK prior to submitting their application, and that they will be able to secure their own accommodation in London if successful.
Internships can be undertaken on a full-time or part-time basis, and usually last for a duration of up to three months. They are offered on a flexible basis so that individuals can, for example, fit their internship around part-time work, studies, or other commitments.