About the Global Britain Programme
The Global Britain Programme is a research programme within The Henry Jackson Society that aims to educate the public on the need for an open, confident and expansive British geostrategic policy in the twenty-first century, drawing off the United Kingdom’s unique strengths not only as an advocate for liberalism and national democracy, but also a custodian of both the European and international orders
Global Britain Staff
James Rogers, Director of the Global Britain Programme
Jack Wright, Senior Research Assistant
- Is the UK up to the challenges of this volatile age?, CapX – 16th February 2018
- The US and UK have been subsidising Europe’s security for years, CapX –18th January 2018
- Britain deserves respect in the Brexit talks given how much it has done to keep Europe safe, Daily Telegraph – 15th December 2017
- The rest of the EU is in debt to the UK when it comes to the defence of Europe, BrexitCentral – 14th December 2017
- Brexit Britain can chart a new global destiny by spending more on defence, Daily Telegraph – 30th November 2017
- Against the backdrop of Brexit, the time has come to increase the UK defence budget, BrexitCentral – 28th November 2017
- Spending 2 per cent on defence is not enough, The Times – 27 November 2017
- How to remake European defence after Brexit, BrexitCentral – 21st September 2017
- Ignore the pessimists – Britain is still a major power and Brexit was the decision of a confident people, BrexitCentral – 12th September 2017
- Britain is Europe’s big hitter, and there is no reason its influence cannot grow after Brexit, Daily Telegraph – 12th September 2017
- Defence secretary ‘horrified’ at military cost-cutting plans that would leave the smallest British army since Napoleonic wars – IBTimes, 12th January, 2018
- ‘Boost our troops’ Calls for Theresa May to build BIGGER army to underpin EURO security – Daily Express, 21st December, 2017
- Britain’s defence commitments – IBTimes, 13th December, 2017
- MAPPED: The states shortchanging NATO by BILLIONS – with UK propping up EU security – Daily Express, 13th December, 2017
- Britain propped up Europe’s defence after other EU states short-changed Nato by £338billion – The Sun, 12th December, 2017
- ‘They OWE Britain’ EU blasted for portraying UK as ‘pariah state’ to mask its own failures – Daily Express, 12th December, 2017
- Post-Brexit Britain MUST boost defence spending to counter new threats, think tank warns – Daily Express, 30th November, 2017
- Post-Brexit Britain must spend 3% of GDP on its military to counter global threats says think tank – IBTimes, 28th November, 2017
- Analysis: Why Europe’s post-Brexit defence club will be more paper tiger than EU army – Daily Telegraph
- Britain second ‘most powerful country in the world’ and in ‘strong’ position post-Brexit – Daily Express, 12th September, 2017
- UK is now the second largest global power, claims think tank as it rejects the ‘doom and gloom’ around Brexit – Daily Mail. 12th September, 2017
- Brexit Britain ‘wields most influence in Europe and is second only to US worldwide’ – Daily Telegraph. 12th September, 2017
House of Lords: International Relations Committee – Foreign policy in changed world conditions Inquiry, 7 March 2018.
Joint Committee on National Security Strategy – The National Security Capability Review, 1 March 2018.
House of Commons: Foreign Affairs Select Committee – Academics questioned on future of Britain’s diplomatic relationship with Europe, 27 November 2017.
House of Commons: Defence Select Committee – The indispensable ally? US, NATO and UK Defence relations inquiry, 11 January 2018.